Thursday, December 07, 2006

"A Different Perspective on Christmas"

I thought who ever wrote this up has a pretty good grasp of the real meaning of Christmas.....Merry Christmas from "The Doubting Thomas" (rcvd from person in link)



> Letter From Jesus Christ, concerning His birthday celebration, and a
> different perspective on this special season.
>
> Dear Children,
>
> It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are
> taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't
> actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your
> predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a
> time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered
> anytime.
>
> How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily
> understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your
> own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My
> birth just, GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now, having said that let Me
> go on.
>
> If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene
> depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santa's and snowmen
> and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My
> followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town
> square because there would be many of them all around town.
>
> Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday
> tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can
> & may remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you
> wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching explaining who I am in
> relation to you & what each of our tasks were. If you have forgot that
> one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.
>
> If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my
> wish list. Choose something from it.
>
> 1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way my birthday is
> being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from
> home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know,
> they tell Me all the time.
>
> 2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them
> personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
>
> 3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards
> his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll
> be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be
> nice hearing from you again.
>
> 4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and
> they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth,
> and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and
> remind them that I love them.
>
> 5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
>
> 6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own
> life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't
> know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile it
> could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting the local
> Hot-Line: they talk with people like that everyday.
>
> 7. Instead of nitpicking about what the retailer in your town calls the
> holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm
> smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry
> Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop
> shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that
> day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their
> families.
>
> 8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary,
> especially one who takes My love to those who have never heard My name.
> You may already know someone like that.
>
> 9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your
> town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they
> have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them (and I
> suspect you don't) buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the
> Marines, the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and
> they will make the delivery for you.
>
> 10. Finally if you want to make a statement about your belief in and
> loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret
> that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that
> you are one of my disciples.
>
> PS: Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and
> do what I have told you to do I'll take care of all the rest. Check out
> the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the
> ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all
> those whom you love and remember,
>
> I LOVE YOU