Saturday, April 29, 2006

"PLACE YOUR BETS"

If I only had just a nickel for all of the different ideas out there about God and “reality”, I would be a millionaire today and still growing! It would be wise for us to heed the warnings of Ephesians 6:12….

" For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

So many people think ALL of “paths” lead to the same place….God and Eternity. They better hope they are right! I'm paranoiac so I simply believe Jesus is who He says He was and if that's true.... He is the ONLY WAY!

John 14:6…” I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to Father except through Me.”

If all paths eventually lead to Christ, then I guess you could say all paths work… BUT…where’s the evidence? I'm not a gambler on ANYTHING let alone the possibility of judgment and the consequences of rebellion affecting the possibility that I am an "eternal" living being.

Hey...if when your dead your dead, then you NEVER really existed in the first place and atheists, multipath people and those who accept the Vicarious Death of Jesus Christ will never know who was right and who was wrong or even if all were right! If this scenario is true, you might as well "eat, drink and be merry" and "pray" that when your dead your dead! You should buy lots of lottery tickets and go to Los Vegas too! Who knows...you may get "lucky!"

I have never had any "luck" in my life and always loose when I gamble so I am going to "BET" the whole "enchilada" on Jesus! I guess that is the reality of life that EVERYONE on Earth has to choose..."place your bets folks" and trust "lady luck" or JESUS. This is the essence of the Law of Free Will. If the result is the same for whatever path one chooses in life.... this is logically a violation of the Law of Free Will and we are indeed "robots" and not "free" beings. Like the ol' TV quiz show of Groucho Marks, "You Bet Your Life!" Each one of us must make our own choice. I’d rather accept the Scripture that Christ is who He said He was and Salvation is through Him and die and be “non-existent” than NOT accept Him and die and not be “dead!”

If “judgment” is real and there are consequences for our choices in life and one chooses to believe that Christ is a fantasy and salvation is untrue…. better hope when you die you wake up “dead!” Just because one may believe that Faith in Christ and John 14:6 is untrue does not make it so.

…Pax…. Doubting Thomas